1. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders.4th ed. Washington DC: American Psychiatric Association;2000.
2. Richman S. Raising a Child with Autism
A Guide to Applied Behavior Analysis for Parents. London, Philadelphia: Jessica Kingsley;2001.
3. Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network Surveillance Year 2008 Principal Investigators; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorders—Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network, 14 Sites, United States, 2008. MMWR Surveill Summ 2012;61(3):1-19.
4. Malone CA. Observation on the role of family therapy in child psychiatric training. Journal of the American Academy of Child Psychiatry. 1974; 13(3):437- 58.
5. Greenspan SI, Wieder S. Engaging autism: Using the floortime approach to help children relate, communicate, and think. Boston, Massachusetts: Da Capo Press; 2006.
6. Volkmar FR, Pauls D. Autism. Lancet 2003; 362(9390):1133–41.
7. Gardner LM, Campbell JM, Bush AJ, Murphy L. Comparing Behavioral Profiles for Autism Spectrum Disorders and Intellectual Disabilities Using the BASC-2 Parent Rating Scales–Preschool Form. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment 2017;24(1): 1-17.
8. Ingersoll B, Hambrick DZ. The relationship between the broader autism phenotype, child severity, and stress and depression in parents of children with autism spectrum disorders. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders 2011;5(1):337-44.
9. Lee LC, Harrington RA, Louie BB, Newschaffer CJ. Children with autism: quality of life and parental concerns. J Autism Dev Disord 2008; 38(6):1147-60.
10. Ekas NV, Lickenbrock DM, Whitman TL. Optimism, social support, and well-being in mothers of children with autism spectrum disorder. J Autism Dev Disord 2010; 40(10):1274-84.
11. Benson PR. Coping, distress, and well-being in mothers of children with autism. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders 2010;4(2):217-28.
12. Gau SSF, Chou MC, Chiang HL, Lee JC, Wong CC, Chou WJ, et al. Parental adjustment, marital relationship, and family function in families of children with autism. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders 2012;6(1):263-70.
13. Khanna R, Madhavan SS, Smith MJ, Patrick JH, Tworek C, Becker-Cottrill B. Assessment of health-related quality of life among primary caregivers of children with autism spectrum disorders. J Autism Dev Disord 2011;41(9):1214-27.
14. Hoffman CD, Sweeney DP, Hodge D, Lopez-Wagner MC, Looney L. Parenting stress and closeness mothers of typically developing children and mothers of children with autism. Focus Autism Other Dev Disabl 2009;24(3):178-87.
15. Wang P, Michaels CA, Day MS. Stresses and coping strategies of Chinese families with children with autism and other developmental disabilities. J Autism Dev Disord 2011;41(6):783-95.
16. Kaat AJ, Lecavalier L, Aman MG. Validity of the aberrant behavior checklist in children with autism spectrum disorder, J Austin Dev Disorder 2014, 44(5):1103-16.
17. Olsson MB, Hwang CP. Depression in mothers and fathers of children with intellectual disability. J Intellect Disabil Res 2001;45(6):535-43.
18. Hobart HM, Smith W. Autism and family in the People’s Republic of China: Learning from parents perspectives. Research & Practice for Persons with Severe Disabilities 2008;33(1-2):37-47.
19. Saberi J, Bahramipour M, Ghmarane A, Yarmohamadian A. The Effectiveness of Group Positive Parenting Program on Parental Stress of Mothers of Children with Autism Disorder. Knowledge & Research In Applied Psychology 2014;15(2):69-77.
20. Gray DE. High functioning autistic children and the construction of “normal family life” Soc Sci Med 1997;44(8):1097-106.
21. Zamani Z. Comparison between anxiety and depression and general health and quality of life in parents of children with Autism spectrum disorder with control group [dissertation]. Kerman: univercity of medical sciences;2015. [In Persian].
22. Turnball AP, Turnball HR. Families, professional and exceptionality. 3Th ed. Columbus, OH: Merrill; 1997.
23. Aliakbari Dehkordi M, Alipour A, Esmaeilzadeh Kiabani M, Mohtashami T. Effectiveness of Positive Parenting Program on Mothers’ Stress with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Children. journal of exceptional children 2014;13(4):23-32. [In Persian]
24. Lin LY, Orsmond GI, Coster WJ, Cohn ES. Families of adolescents and adults with autism spectrum disorders in Taiwan: The role of social support and coping in family adaptation and maternal well- being. Journal of Research in Autism Spectrum Disorder 2010;5(1)144-156.
25. Siklos S, Kerns KA. Assessing need for social support in parents of children with autism and Down syndrome. J Autism Dev Disord 2006; 36(7):921-33.
26. Aziz poor E. the efficacy of the positive parenting program for parents of children with behavioral problems [dissertation]. Kerman: univercity of medical sciences;2013. [In Persian].
27. Tonge B, Brereton A, Kiomall M, Mackinnon A, King N J, Rinehart N. Effects on parental mental health of an education and skills training program for parents of young children with autism: A randomised controlled trial. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 2006; 45(5):561- 569.
28. shahrivar Z, Rabiee A. A lpilot study on efficacy of group educational on knowledge level, stress, anxiety and depresssion in parents of children with autistic disorder. Journal of Research in Rehabilitation Sciences 2011;7(1):48-55. [In Persian].
29. Bendixen R،Elder J،Donaldson S, Kairalla Effects of a Father-based In-Home Intervention on Perceived Stress and Family Dynamics in Parents of Children with Autism. Am J Occup Ther 2011;65(6):679-687.
30. Estes A, Vismara L, Mercado C, Fitzpatrick A, Elder L, Greenson J, et al. The impact of parent-delivered intervention on parents of very young children with autism. J Autism Dev Disord 2014;44(2):353-65.
31. Meirsschaut M, Roeyers H, Warreyn P. Parenting in families with a child with autism spectrum disorder and a typically developing child: Mothers’ experiences and cognitions. Journal of Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders 2010;4(4):661-9.
32. Riahi F, Khajeddin N, Izadi Mazidi S, Eshrat T, Naghdi Nasab L. The Effect of Supportive and Cognitive-Behavior Group Therapy on Mental Health and Irrational Believes of Mothers of Autistic Children. Jundishapur Scientific Medical Journal 2011;10(6): 637-645. [In Persian].
33. Targ Brill M. Keys to parenting the child with autism. Translated by rezaeidehnavi s. Esfahan: kavoshyar;2014.
34. Beck AT, Steer RA, Garbin MG. Psychometric properties of the Beck depression inventory: Twenty five years of evaluation. Clin Psychol Rev 1988;8(1):77-100.
35. Sardoei G. Introduction in normalization of revised Beck depression inventory [dissertation].Tehran: Allameh Tabatabaei University; 1995. [In Persian].
36. Beck AT, Epstein N, Brown G, Steer R. An inventory for measuring clinical anxiety: Psychometric properties. J Consult Clin Psychol 1988;56(6):893-897.
38. WHO. Development of the World Health Organization WHOQOL-BREF quality of life assessment. The WHOQOL Group. Psychol Med 1998;28(3):551-8.
39. Nejat S, Montazeri A, Holakouie Naieni K, Mohammad K, Majdzadeh SR. The World Health Organization quality of Life (WHOQOL-BREF) questionnaire: Translation and validation study of the Iranian version. Journal of School of Public Health andInstitute of Public Health Research 2006;4(4):1-12.
40. Gray DE, Holden WJ. Psycho-social well-being among the parents of children with autism. Australia and New Zealand of developmental disabilities 1992,18(2):83-93.
41. Piccinelli M, Wilkinson G,Gender differences in depression Critical review. Br J Psychiatry 2000;177(6):486-492.
42. Wong JD, Seltzer MM, Greenberg JS, Hong J, Almeida DM, Coe CL. Stressful Life Events and Daily Stressors Affect Awakening Cortisol Level in Midlife Mothers of Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Aging Ment Health 2012;16(8):939–49.
43. Zade Mohammadi A, Pooretemad H, Maleck Khosravi G. The primary examination of effect of guided imagination by music on reduction of d epression, anxiety, & stress in mothers with autistic children. Journal of Research Family 2005; 1(3): 289-303. [In Persian].
44. Talebi A.The impact of management training on maternal aggression in children and maternal stress [dissertation].tehran: Payame Noor University;2010. [In Persian].
45. Daniels JL, Forssen U، Hultman CM،Cnattingius S، Savitz DA, Feychting M, et al. Parental psychiatric disorder associated with autism spectrum disorders in the offspring. Pediatrics 2008;121(5):e1357-62.
46. Smith LE, Greenberg J, Mailick MR. The Family Context of Autism Spectrum Disorders: Influence on the Behavioral Phenotype and Quality of Life. Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 2014;23(1):143-155.